|“||Get ready. I'm about to scare Rachel all the way to Christmas.||”|
It's Halloween; and the Diaz family have a tradition where they do a halloween version of Secret Santa. Each family member is assigned a person to scare. When you scare your "victim," you usually shout "Merry Scary!" Harley loves halloween because she always wins the most scariest scare, thanks to her inventions. She is disappointed that the rest of the family doesn't even put much effort to scare her.
This year, Harley picks Rachel as her victim. She doesn't even try hard because she knows Rachel is easy to scare. However, it becomes almost impossible to scare Rachel. She keeps upping all of her scares but Rachel sees through them all. She finally sets up the scariest prank for Rachel in the bathroom, confident it would work. Rachel goes in and screams, crying that she just broke her leg. Suzy takes Rachel to the hospital.
Harley feels so guilty for breaking Rachel's leg and heart-broken that she doesn't even enjoy trick-or-treating with Daphne. Upon returning home, she can't find anyone. She stands outside and sadly says that this is the worst night of her life. She heads into the house before noticing that the Haunted Hang blowouts in their yard coming to life. As they come towards her, Harley becomes so scared and starts screaming.
It turns out that it was her family pranking her the whole time. They reveal that Rachel faked her injury just to help make Harley more scared. They had been planning this whole thing for a while in order to scare Harley together as a family because she's always disappointed that their scares aren't scary enough.
- Jenna Ortega as Harley Diaz
- Ronni Hawk as Rachel Diaz
- Isaak Presley as Ethan Diaz
- Ariana Greenblatt as Daphne Diaz
- Kayla Maisonet as Georgie Diaz
- Nicolas Bechtel as Lewie Diaz
- Malachi Barton as Beast Diaz
- Cerina Vincent as Suzy Diaz
- Joe Nieves as Tom Diaz
- Lewie and Georgie mention the "Merry Scary" halloween tradition in "Stuck with No Escape."
- Harley being good at scares is seen again in "Stuck in the Dark" when she scares Daphne so much that Daphne becomes scared of the dark.
- This was the series first Halloween episode.
- This was the final episode shot for Season 2.
- Rachel's falling head trick had previously been used by Avery Jennings in the "Howloween" episode of Dog With a Blog, which coincidentally featured Kayla Maisonet in a recurring role.
- Harley was led to believe that Rachel had broken her leg, when she tried to scare her.
- The whole family got together to scare Harley.
- This episode is rated TV-PG.
- this episode is very similar to Scooby Doo since it involves people dressing up as monsters to do stuff and a mystery involving a crime since the family's Halloween display was vandalized and Louie and beast checked out some suspects and also the reveal is very similar to a Scooby Doo wrap up.
- also the pumpkinhead monsters that rest of the family beside Rachel dressed up as were way similar to the android scarecrows from What's New Scooby Doo a Scooby Doo Halloween and Rachel's headless Rachel disguise is a reference to the headless horseman from the Scooby Doo show the headless horseman of halloween the only difference being that none of the Diazs comited any crimes(in this case specifically arson or diamond robbery)
|“||From now on, it's not Halloween. It's Harley-ween.||”|
- October 29, 2017 (Latin America)
- October 30, 2017 (Spain)
- November 18, 2017 (Hungary)
- December 20, 2017 (Israel)
| To view the Stuck in a Merry Scary gallery, click here.