|“||As the middle child in a family with seven kids, I have learned the squeaky wheel gets the grease. This applies to families and pudding.||”|
When Harley procrastinates on finishing her science project, it inadvertently leads to the wifi going out, leading her entire family to head out to the movies.
Harley has been calling to complain about products in order to get free stuff so much that she forgot to complete her school project. When Suzy asks to see Harley's school project, Harley distracts her by convincing her to call their internet service provider and complain for free offers. Unfortunately, Suzy gets carried away asking for free months. The cable provider cancels their internet. Without cable and internet, Suzy and Tom realize that there is no way to keep the kids entertained. So, they choose to go to the movies.
When entering the movie theatre, Suzy is busted for bringing outside food in. So, she has to spend a lot of time waiting in line to buy food and drinks at the concessions. She leaves Tom in charge of Daphne.
Ethan is waiting for Rachel to come out of the girls' bathroom so that he can complete his student film project while at the movies. He wants to make a zombies movie with Rachel as the star. Rachel accepts but then she keeps rejecting all of Ethan's ideas - turning it from a dark post-apocalyptic zombie movie into a dancing video for Rachel showing off her cool fashion trends.
This leaves Harley in charge of preserving the seats and the perfect opportunity to complete her school project without her mom finding out. She makes a motion-activated hairdryer and gives it to Georgie to test since Georgie had been exercising all day by practising how to walk backwards. Unfortunately, Georgie trips and falls, crushing Harley's hair dryer. Now, Harley has to quickly make something else when they return home before her mother finds out that she didn't do her project in time.
After the movies, both Harley and Ethan are disappointed that they didn't get to complete the last minute school projects they wanted to make while at the movies. Ethan starts going through all the clips he took of the family while at the movies and they're hilarious. This gives them ideas for their projects. Ethan decides to make it a film about his family; and Harley decides to make a projector for the family to watch Ethan's movie on the big screen. The entire family is impressed by Harley and Ethan's projects as they watch the funny clips together.
One of the clips reveals that Harley was working on her project while at the movies, making Suzy realize that Harley did her project the last minute.
The next day, Suzy bakes cookies and takes them to persuade the cable company to restore their internet.
- Jenna Ortega as Harley Diaz
- Ronni Hawk as Rachel Diaz
- Isaak Presley as Ethan Diaz
- Ariana Greenblatt as Daphne Diaz
- Kayla Maisonet as Georgie Diaz
- Nicolas Bechtel as Lewie Diaz
- Malachi Barton as Beast Diaz
- Cerina Vincent as Suzy Diaz
- Joe Nieves as Tom Diaz
- Linda Wang as Movie Theater Woman
- Matt Webb as Usher
- In Stuck with Horrible Helpers, Harley mentions the motion-activated hair dryer she made in this episode.
- Ethan making student film projects becomes a recurring theme through out the series. He eventually directs a killer zombie movie in "Stuck with a Non-Diaz."
- Harley experimenting on Georgie and getting her hurt is seen multiple times including Stuck in Harley's Comet.
- "Harley After Dark" introduced in this episode is nominated for Best Dance Diaz Award in "Stuck in the Diaz Awards.
- In "Stuck in the Dark", Harley invites Daphne to join her in "Harley After Dark," and calls it "Harley and Daphne After Dark."
- Lewie and Beast are shown to be big fans of Wrestle Smash in this episode. They eventually go for a Wrestle Smash convention in Stuck Wrestling Feelings wearing the same WrestleSmash costumes they wore in this episode.
- Georgie complains about her rival Molly Hooper who also spends most of the games sitting on the bench. She is seen complaining about her again in Stuck in Harley's Comet.
- When the Wi-Fi goes down, the family goes to the movies.
- They think they are seeing Snoozleberries but actually are seeing a zombie movie.
- Daphne's eyes are covered but she uncovers them to see the movie.
- Suzy tries to sneak in food but she is caught.
- They end up having to get movie theater food instead.
|“||Flying under the radar gives me the freedom to do whatever I want without Mom and Dad all up in my business... The best part of my day is the part that Mom and Dad don't know about - Harley After Dark.||”|
- May 5, 2016 (Australia)
- May 6, 2016 (UK and Ireland)
- July 1, 2016 (Spain, Portugal)
- July 25, 2016 (Israel)
- August 14, 2016 (Latin America, Brazil)
- September 10, 2016 (Hungary)
| To view the Stuck at the Movies gallery, click here.