Jenna Ortega was born in the Coachella Valley and started acting when she was 8 1/2 years old. She began her theatrical career on television with roles on series including CSI: NY and Days of Our Lives before moving on to appearing in feature films such as Insidious: Chapter 2, the Librarian opposite Marcia Gay Harden, and Iron Man 3. After playing the iconic role of Mary Ann in the The Little Rascals Save the Day, she went on to recur on the Greg Kinnear series Rake. Additionally, she can be seen showcasing her comedy skills as the character of Know It All Nina in ongoing shorts for Awesomeness TV. Recently, Jenna brought that comedy into her character on Netflix's Richie Rich, where she played the series regular role of Darcy. Jenna can currently be seen recurring on the Golden Globe- winning series Jane the Virgin on CW. Along with Stuck in the Middle, she is also in Disney Channel's Elena of Avalor.
|2013||Iron Man 3||Vice President's Daughter|
|2013||Insidious: Chapter 2||Annie|
|2015||After Words||Anna Chapa|
|2012||Rob||Girl||"The Baby Bug" (Season 1 Episode 6)|
|2012||CSI: NY||Aimee Moore||"Unspoken" (Season 9 Episode 4)|
|2013||Days of Our Lives||Hayley||(Season 1 Episode 12062)|
|2013||Deadtime Stories||Little Girl||"Ghost Knight" (Season 1 Episode 8)
"Invasion of the Appleheads" (Season 1 Episode 4)
|2014||The Little Rascals Save the Day||Mary Ann||video|
|2014||Rake||Zoe Leon||Recurring role|
|2014||Know It All Nina||Nina||TV Series|
|2014||AwesomenessTV||Lily||"DIY Super Villain" (Season 2 Episode 8)|
|2014||OMG!||Princess Sleigha||"Derp Vader vs Princess Sleigha"|
|2014||Over the Garden Wall||Additional Voices||"Babes in the Woods" (Season 1 Episode 8)|
|2014||The Cookie Mobster||Nita||TV Movie|
|2014||The Massively Mixed-Up Middle School Mystery||Elena Mendoza||TV Movie|
|2015||Richie Rich||Darcy||Main role|
|2014-2015||Jane the Virgin||Young Jane||Recurring role|
|2016||Stuck in the Middle||Harley Diaz||Main role|
|2016||Elena of Avalor||Isabel||Recurring role|
- When not busy with work, she enjoys playing soccer, cheerleading, tumbling, reading and hanging out with her family, friends and dog Brooklyn.
- When she goes to bed, her closet and bedroom doors have to be closed.
- Her favorite brand of sneakers are Converse, Adidas, Ugg, Vans.
- Her fashion style “I’m a mix of skater and hip-hop. I love a pair of comfy, ripped jeans with a skater shirt and Converse or Vans. I usually accessorize with a trucker hat or a fancy headband. For special events, I prefer funky, edgy looks.”
- Likes to wear Uggs with leggings or tapered jeans and a big comfy sweatshirt for cold days on set.”
- Her fashion idols are “Beyoncé, Angelina Jolie, Selena Gomez and Lupita Nyong’o. Each of these women has a style that is elegant, fun and, most importantly, fits the occasion.”
- Favorite stores are Forever 21, Tilly’s, Zara and H&M because they’re trendy but affordable. If I’m splurging, I love Free People and Topshop.”
- Concurrently, Jenna also plays Princess Isabel in Disney Channel's Elena of Avalor. Coincidentally, her character is also an inventor.
- She, along with the rest of her castmates, filmed her Disney wand ID on Noember 5, 2016.
- In 2014 she made a Fruity Pebbles commercial as a character virtually identical to Harley Diaz.
- Jenna Ortega can also sing, which was shown during her time in Netflix's Richie Rich.
| To view the Jenna Ortega gallery, click here.