Abuela is the mother of Tom Diaz and thus the grandmother of the Diaz children. As she tends to spoil them as much as possible, all her grand kids adore her. After hearing many praises about her from her family, she finally appears in the third season of Stuck in the Middle. She is portrayed by Olga Merediz.
Although she and Suzy seem to share a stereotypical semi-hostile mother-in-law/daughter-in-law dynamic, she is completely beloved by the rest of the Diaz family.
- Stuck in the Sweet Seat
- Stuck in the Block Party
- Stuck in Harley's Comet
- Stuck with Mom's New Friend
- Stuck in the Harley Car
- Stuck in the School Photo
- Stuck in the Beast-day Party
- Stuck in a Gold Medal Performance
- "Abuela" is Spanish for grandmother.
- Although the kids adore her, they do consider her an easy mark to ask for money.
- Georgie did not want to teach her dad "Yo Mama," insults because she considers Abuela to be a saint.
- Her one fault seems to be that she makes an inedible fruit loaf (at least in Tom's opinion).
- Harley got her to pay for the Beast-day party, by informing her the family now celebrates half-birthdays
- Suzy reluctantly contacted Abuela to get recipes for authentic Spanish cuisine, but did not realize how work-intensive they would turn out to be.
- Every year Harley crafts a special Christmas ornament for Abuela's tree, which was delivered by mail, however, in Stuck at Christmas - The Movie, she was finally able to present her creation to Abuela in person.
- She maintains extra storage space just for Christmas decorations.
- In a deleted scene, Abuela tells Harley she takes an improv class, and is running for condo president.